Country Houses and Gardens
Benefitting from a mild climate, Cornwall boosts many beautiful and unusual gardens. There is also an abundance of National Trust houses and gardens to explore. Just some of these are listed below.
- Lanhydrock House and Gardens (NT), Bodmin - a magnificent house and gardens with many rooms open including the fascinating kitchen quarters and servants rooms. (Pictured above)
- Glendurgan Garden (NT), Mawnan Smith, near Falmouth - a valley garden with spectacular trees and water gardens
- St Michael's Mount (NT), Marazion, near Penzance - a fairy tale castle on a rocky island in Mount's Bay, approached by a causeway at low tide or by boat.
- Trelissick Garden (NT) Feock, near Truro - a large garden with extensive park and woodland walks with breathtaking views over the Fal estuary.
- Trengwainton Garden (NT), near Penzance - with views over Mount Bay, this garden features many plants not grown elsewhere in England and is best in Spring and early Summer
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Pentewan, Mevagissey - a fascinating restoration of historic gardens which had been left untouched for decades
- Pencarrow, Washaway, near Bodmin - historic Georgian house and gardens with internationally renowned gardens
- Prideaux Place, Padstow - Elizabethan House with extensive grounds and deer park