Beaches and Coastal Walks
Listed below are some of the wonderful sandy beaches within easy reach of Great Bodieve Farm Barns. Most are fairly safe, but always watch out for warning flags and visitor information.
- Polzeath is small seaside village with a large sandy beach and is renowned for surfing and popular with families. There are rock pools to explore and walks with magnificent views along the coast path from the beach.
- Daymer Bay at Trebetherick, between Rock and Polzeath, is a wide sheltered sandy beach with a large car park and shop. Dogs are allowed all year round. There are lovely walks to Rock and to the church of St Enodoc.
- The beach at Rock is a fairly sheltered long sandy beach which at low tide stretches from Porthilly Cove north to Daymer Bay. There is a ferry from Rock beach to Padstow.
- Trevone is a sandy family beach with spectacular coastal walks from Trevone Bay to Harlyn Bay and Trevose Head.
- Harlyn Bay is a great family and surfing beach with parking by the beach and a shop and surf school.
- Other local beaches include Tregirls, Treyarnon, Constantine and Porthcothan.
- Bedruthan Steps, a little further along the coast, is a sandy beach with spectacular rock formations but be prepared for over 100 steep steps down to the beach and watch the tide times! Not suitable for push chairs or wheelchairs and strong currents make it unsafe to swim.